Concept Cloud: This is the largest section of the screen and the area in which you will do much of your initial analysis. The Concept Cloud looks similar to a word cloud, but is far more multi-dimensional, nuanced, and meaningful than a traditional word cloud. You can manipulate the concept cloud in several ways to analyze your data:
- Instantly identify top related concepts by clicking on a term inside the cloud, which automatically generates a heat map of the term's related concepts.
- Investigate a concept's most relevant related source documents (aka verbatims), and/or build your own unique Topic based on that concept.
- Manipulate the Concept Cloud by selecting a term and dragging it to one corner of of the Cloud window. Your Concept Cloud will reorganize itself and automatically display the most-related concepts in proximity to your selected term.
Subset selection box: Upon opening a new project, the default "All documents" view will display. However, if you wish to select a particular document subset to explore, click Exploring All Documents to display a drop-down list of all the subsets within your data set, and then click the subset you wish to explore. You will see the total number of documents in parentheses next to each subset name. (Document subsets are created in the source data before uploading a project.)
Relevant Documents (Verbatims): When you select a key concept to explore, its corresponding source documents will display. In this example, we have selected the concept "amazing" by clicking on it inside the Concept Cloud -- in turn, we can now see its related documents (verbatims). Just scroll down to examine additional documents, which appear in smart order (most closely related at the top).
If document URLs were included in your data set, you can also view the document in its original form (tweet, Yelp or Amazon review, etc.) by clicking on the underlined document title.
Key Concept & Top Related Concepts: In this section, you can:
- Search for a specific key concepts you wish to explore by typing it here.
- Investigate any concept's Top Related Concepts (TRC) by searching for or selecting a topic and scrolling through the TRC list. The top 25 related concepts display.
- By hovering over a TRC, instantly derive hard metrics (number and percentage of documents in which the concept appears).
Saved Topics: This section displays any Topics that have been saved by the user. To create a Topic, simply drag a Top Related Concept from the top portion of the center panel to the section below. Manually creating your own Topics enables you to perform a deeper analysis and compare topics. Topics are displayed in a scrolling list and can be rearranged by clicking and dragging them. This also allows you to use other more advanced features within the tool, which will allow you to derive hard metrics from your data to create impactful reports.