v4 → v5
- Subsets will be converted into v5 string metadata when the v4 subset contains a prepended field name and text values (e.g. “Country of Origin: US”)
- Subsets will be converted into v5 number metadata when the v4 subset contains a prepended field name, and that field name has only numeric values (e.g. “NPS: 8”).
- Subsets without a colon in their name will be converted to string metadata with the field “Other” and the subset name as its value.
- Date/time metadata in a v4 project will become a date field in v5, with the name “Date”.
- Any term restemming/merging will be carried from v4 to v5.
- Terms that have been ignored in a v4 project will be restored in the v5 conversion.
v5 → v4
- String metadata with 100 or fewer values will be converted to subsets with the name format [FIELD]: [VALUE].
- Number metadata with 20 or fewer values will be converted into subsets with the name format [FIELD]: [VALUE].
- The first date metadata field of a v5 project will be set as the date in the project’s v4 version.
Capabilities and Caveats
Luminoso Analytics v5 is in beta, which means that some v4 functions will be unavailable until the full release, expected in January 2018. Details:
- The format of the Analysis Exports have been adapted in v5 to reflect our use of metadata (as compared to the subsets in v4).
- Topic Timelines exports are not yet available in v5.
- Term restemming/merging and ignoring is not yet enabled in v5. However, terms that have been restemmed in a v4 project will carry into the v5 project. Terms that have been ignored in a v4 project will be restored in the v5 conversion.
- Analytics Dashboards are deprecated, but remain will accessible in v4.